Seeing how much fun their kids were having playing the game, a group of hockey moms in Chetwynd, B.C., stepped out of the stands and onto the ice this season. By doing something for themselv...
Take a step-by-step look at the Hockey Canada Program of Excellence and get more information on the CIS, CWHL and development initiatives, o...
Have you ever wanted to give Canada’s game a try? Esso Fun Days give participants a free, fun introduction to the game.
The game of female hockey has been played for more than 100 years, and has been growing exponentially since 1990, the year of the first official women’s world championship. Today, it is one of the fastest-growing sports in the world.
Hockey Canada has the information you need to succeed in all areas of the sport. Whether you are an aspiring player, coach, official, parent or association member, it’s time to lace up the skates, crack the books, strap on the pads and get into the great Canadian female game!
Players and Officials
- Opportunities and learning the road to Team Canada
- Starting out or building skill level
- Learning the history of the sport
- Developing player strategies
- Designing practice and year plans
- Skills and drills
- Understanding the female game and its opportunities
- Development recommendations
- Contacts and organizations
- Programs available
- Hosting and promoting local events
- Growing your female game
Find all of this and more at www.hockeycanada.ca/femalehockey.
For more information, please contact Hockey Canada’s manager of female development, Mandi Duhamel, at email@example.com.