Reporting directly to the Manager, Hockey Operations - Video / Analytics, the Coordinator – Video / Analytics is a specialist who is responsible for managing video preparation, live-game coding, pre-scouts, post-game reviews, player evaluation, team planning and analytics for a variety of teams and programs. The video coordinator will be a leader in these areas to ensure Hockey Canada’s coaches and management teams are the most prepared of any nation, at any tournament we enter.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute and manage video operations of assigned National teams, and travel domestically and internationally as required to events.
- Utilize XOS Thunder software and equipment to provide world-class video services representing the Hockey Canada brand.
- Oversee all pre-scouting and preparation of team video needs as directed.
- Create and compile technical packages utilizing XOS, PowerPoint and other software.
- Be a liaison for contract video staff assigned to other National Teams, camps or events, including implementing consistent operational procedures.
- Assist in the building of technical videos for all programs, including the Program of Excellence (POE) seminar, National Women’s Teams, National Para Teams, National Men’s Teams, goaltending curriculum as assigned.
- Monitor all analytics related to teams and players for assigned teams.
- Assist with inventory packing and control of video trunks, including procurement of equipment and supplies.
- Assist in the management of computer inventory, preparing them for events as well as archiving all data and video presentations post-event to grow Team Canada’s database.
- Provide support to Manager, Video with ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Provide support to full-time and contract coaches involved in Hockey Canada as required.
- Provide remote video support to National Teams at events as required.
- Support other departments in Hockey Canada as required.
- 2 years experience in sports administration on related field.
- Exceptional knowledge of hockey coding software, specifically XOS Thunder and all peripheral hardware, including SQL server, computer networking and router applications.
- Experience in operating a variety of cameras and use capture hardware, such as H264 or Cross-Converters.
- Knowledge of video resolutions, codecs and frame rates is essential.
- Excellent understanding of Windows-based computers and operations.
- Strong understanding of video presentation tools, including portable projectors and screens.
- Excellent ability with Office 365 products, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and others.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe products, including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator and other programs is considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated communication skills; ability to use a broad range of communication techniques to effectively communicate to varying audiences in a variety of situations.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for extended periods of time while working non-traditional hours, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Passionate about a career in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Expects highest-quality performance from self and others.
- Strategic thinker and creative storyteller with excellent interpersonal skills.
- High level of poise and professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize workload and solve problems quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Verification.
To view the full job description click here.
At Hockey Canada we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. Qualified Candidates are invited to submit their resume including salary expectations to [email protected].
*Bilingual Candidates (French and English) who possess the Essential Skills will be given priority in the selection process.
**A Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Person’s Check is required of all Hockey Canada Employees and Volunteers.