- Students cooperate to create a Fantastic Fan for Team Canada.
Wish You Were Here
- To create postcards for the World Junior Championships to inform the reader about VAncouver and Victoria as a travel destination during the tournament.
Where in the World?
- To learn where the countries competing in the World Junior Hockey Tournament are located.
Relative Location Trivia
- To develop geographical and mapping skills.
- For students to analyze how the physical geography of a country can affect and influence the recreational pursuits of its people.
- For students to analyze the influence of hockey on their own culture and community and explain it to someone from another culture.
Sports and Quality of Life
- To understand how sports can affect our quality of life.
The Tradition of Hockey
- Just like hockey is a tradition and an interest in Canada, students use inquiry based research to find out about the traditions and customs in other communities.