United States 8, Canada White 2
• Kamil Bednarik, James Hagens and Lucas Van Vliet scored 1:35 apart in the first period for the U.S.
• Shane Vansaghi had two goals and two assists for the United States.
• Christian Humphreys added two goals and an assist for the Americans.
• Marek Howell (Calgary, Alta./Moose Jaw, WHL) scored shorthanded for Canada White.
• Ryder Ritchie (Kelowna, B.C./Prince Albert, WHL) scored Canada White’s other goal.
Next games – Friday, November 11:
• Czechia vs. Canada Black – 2 p.m. PT (Langley Events Centre)
• Canada Red vs. Sweden – 7 p.m. PT (Sungod Arena)
• Finland vs. Canada White – 7 p.m. PT (Langley Events Centre)
“We had good intentions; we were ready to play. They took a quick lead, and we were not able to bounce back. [The U.S.] are a good hockey team, they do not have a lot of holes in their game and they have a lot of good depth. We had a hard time reacting to them and struggled to play up to their pace. Our guys have got to stay disciplined and stay within our game plan. Today they were the better hockey team.”
- Canada White head coach Bruce Richardson (Ville St-Pierre, Que./Blainville-Boisbriand, QMJHL) on coming up short.
“From the moment I woke up this morning, I knew it was going to be a special game. Once we got out there it just felt like another game, knowing we just had to play our game to give us a chance. We have got to give credit to the U.S., they came out ready to play today. I have watched the massive rivalry [between Canada and the United States] since I was a kid. This has been the coolest experience I have had in my life.”
- Howell on the opportunity to play against the United States.
TSN and RDS, the official broadcast partners of Hockey Canada will broadcast the bronze medal and gold medal games from the Langley Events Centre; please check local listings for details.
All preliminary-round games are livestreamed at HockeyCanada.ca.
For more information on the 2022 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, please visit HockeyCanada.ca or follow through social media on Facebook and Twitter.