HALIFAX, N.S. – Hockey Canada’s 93rd Annual General Meeting (AGM), attended by more than 250 delegates
from across the country, wrapped up Sunday at the Westin Nova Scotian after three days of discussion about
what will benefit the growth and development of Canada’s game.
Hockey Canada’s 2012 AGM brought together the governing body’s board of directors, officers, life members,
partner organizations and representation from all 13 branches, as well as from councils that oversee female
hockey, junior hockey, minor hockey, senior hockey and hockey development.
The board, as elected for the 2012-13 season, will be comprised of the 13 branch presidents, as well
- Chairman: Michael J. Bruni, QC (Calgary, Alta.)
- Executive vice-chair:
- Jim Hornell (Grand Falls, N.L.)
- Claude Allain (Gatineau, Que.)
- Michael Brind’Amour (St-Charles-Borromée, Que.)
- Joe Drago (Sudbury, Ont.)
- Terry Ledingham (Bon Accord, Alta.)
- Ed Pupich (Schumacher, Ont.).
Past chair: Ken Corbett (Winnipeg, Man.)
- Joanne Hughes, Female Council (Cole Harbour, N.S.)
- Barry Reynard, Hockey Development Council (Dawson Creek, B.C.)
- Karen Phibbs, Junior Council (London, Ont.)
- John Clements, Minor Council (Burlington, Ont.)
- Dean Filane-Figliomeni, Senior Council (Schreiber, Ont.)
- Ron Robison, Canadian Hockey League (Calgary, Alta.)
Advisor: James Mays, referee-in-chief (Prince Albert, Sask.)
- Caroline Ouellette, female athlete representative (Montreal, Que.)
- Gord Sherven, male athlete representative (Weyburn, Sask.)
- Jean Labonté, sledge hockey representative (Ottawa, Ont.)
The Hockey Canada AGM delegates also recognized and thanked departing branch presidents and board members
Shannon Bell (BC Hockey), Tom Donovan (Hockey New Brunswick), Brian Franklin (Hockey Manitoba) and Gene Power
(Hockey P.E.I.), as well as one member of the advisory council Murray Costello (international director/IIHF
Host communities approved by Hockey Canada’s board of directors at the 2012 Hockey Canada AGM,
subject to final agreements with host communities, were:
- 2014 Esso Cup – Stoney Creek/Hamilton, Ont.
- 2014 RBC Cup – Vernon, B.C.
Hockey Canada’s Annual General Meeting kicked off Thursday, May 24 and included a banquet on the evening of
Friday, May 25 that honoured nine deserving award recipients who have all had a significant impact on the
The 2013 Hockey Canada Annual General Meeting will be hosted in Charlottetown, P.E.I.
For more information on Hockey Canada, its teams, events and programs, please visit www.HockeyCanada.ca.
Follow Hockey Canada on its social media platforms at www.Twitter.com/HockeyCanada, www.Facebook.com/HockeyCanada and www.YouTube.com/HockeyCanadaVideos.