Tree to Stick
- Students recognize the different characteristics of trees in their local environment, and why wood is a good material for making hockey sticks.
Gold Medal Mystery
Hockey in Space
- Students use their knowledge of paper chromatography to solve this crime.
- In this inquiry based project students research a planet in our solar system, and think of the special accommodations required to play hockey on that planet.
- Students will apply their knowledge of aerodynamics to improve hockey equipment to become more streamlined.
Flying to the Olympics
- Students learn the vocabulary used to describe the controls and major components of an aircraft. They use that vocabulary in a “Flying to the Olympics” passage.