- Students use a variety of graphs to track and chart the medal count at the World Junior Hockey Championships.
- Students analyze goaltender statistics in last year’s World Junior Tournament to calculate the save percentage for the goalie in each game.
Goals & Assists Point to Success
- Students compare the Team Canada player standings for the 2018 and 2019 World Junior Tournaments in a double bar graph.
Home Team Attendance
Building an Arena
- Students use estimation strategies and number sense to estimate the attendance of a National Hockey League team in a Canadian hockey market
- Students will use their knowledge of measurement – capacity, perimeter, surface area etc. to construct/build a Hockey Canada arena.
Basic Facts Hockey Puzzle – Fractions
- Students match the improper fractions to the related mixed number to discover the name of a Hockey Canada player.
- Students will use a repertoire of math strategies to solve decimal multiplication and division problems.
Hockey Puzzle – Percentages
- Students match the fraction and decimal to the related percentage to discover the name of the Hockey Canada player.