Champions Through Time
- Students explore which countries have won the World Juniors Tournament in previous years.
- To collect data from the World Junior Hockey Championships and organize it using tally marks.
Shaping the Rink
- To challenge students to find ways to organize regular and irregular polygons together on a limited space – a Hockey Arena.
- Demonstrate an understanding of addition and subtraction of numbers with answers to 1000 (limited to 1-, 2- and 3-digit numerals), concretely, pictorially and symbolically.
- For students to analyze the time commitment it takes to play hockey at an elite level.
Add to Name the Hockey Hero
- Have fun adding numbers to spell out a Puckster character’s name.
Subtract to Name the Hockey Hero
- Have fun subtracting numbers to spell out a Puckster character’s name.
Feed Charlie! Lesson #1
- Show fractional amounts on shapes in order to feed Charlie the Chipmunk.
Feed Sarah! Lesson #2
- Show fractional amounts of “treats” in order to feed Sarah the Fox.