NCCP Minimum Age Policy
The National Coach Certification Program has an age policy to ensure a safe, positive and productive experience for players, coaches and parents.
The NCCP Policy on Minimum Age states that:
- Persons younger than 16, and older than 14, may enrol in and complete NCCP or NCCP qualifying education opportunities; where:
- The CAC has approved an NSO’s application that specifies that the NSO:
- Plans to offer NCCP or NCCP qualifying development opportunities to persons younger than 16 years of age;
- Agrees to provide these opportunities within the framework of the NCCP;
- Agrees to submit and maintain the records on the NCCP Database
- The provincial/territorial government or designated delivery agency authorizes enrolment in multi-sport modules.
Any person younger than 16 and older than 14 will be designated on the CAC Database with an underage status indicator.