Return to Hockey information for Alberta
COVID-19 updates for Hockey Alberta players, parents, coaches, officials and volunteers
The following information pertains to a model that has been put into effect to prepare leagues and hockey associations to reopen. These plans are very dynamic and rely on ongoing assessment of the current COVID-19 situation within provinces and territories.
Provincial Guidelines & Restrictions
An essential element of Alberta’s plan to battle COVID-19 was widespread testing of residents, along with the implementation of preventative measures such as hand-washing and physical distancing.
To ensure a safer reopening, the following elements must be in place for the first stage of relaunch:
- Enhance the testing capacity at the highest level in Canada.
- Comprehensive contact tracing, aided by technology, to quickly notify people who may have been exposed.
- Support for Albertans who test positive to enable effective isolation and contain spread.
- Stronger international border controls and airport screening, especially for international travellers.
- Rules and guidance for the use of masks in crowded spaces, such as mass transit.
- Strong protections for the most vulnerable, including those in long-term care, continuing care and seniors’ homes.
- A rapid response plan in the event of possible outbreaks of COVID-19.
Information on provincial requirements continues to change. Hockey Canada recommends checking the following resources regularly.
Alberta Relaunch Information
Alberta’s relaunch strategy (pdf)
Alberta’s relaunch strategy