The purpose of this position is to lead our National Women’s Team scouting plans and the development of the next generation of high-performance athletes.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall scouting plan and vision for the Women’s National Teams
- In collaboration with the National Women’s Team lead scout, develop scouting plan and monthly travel schedule
- Watch and report on potential candidates for Women’s National Teams
- Use network and contacts to help establish potential rising players for Women’s National Teams
- Provides direction, guidance and leadership to U18 Development Programs
- Organize scouting network, including managing regional scouts travel approval and budgets
- Create and manage National Teams scouting budgets
- Keep an organized detailed list / depth chart of candidates for the Women’s National Teams
- Provides content and expertise to the Gold Medal Pathway
- Maintain Team Canada identity and how Team Canada teams are built through the pathway
- Consistent communication with NEXT GEN athlete pool/club coaches on development plans
- Develop and implement processes with the formal network to obtain information and opinions on players
- Create and update a reporting template on players for coaches and team staff
- Consistently communicate and update program coaches and management on player changes / developments
- Proven experience and track record in player evaluation and team management
- Strong understanding and connection to the women’s game
- Experience and knowledge in player development, on and off the ice
- Sound knowledge of hockey, community sport structure and role of the governing body
- Excellent interpersonal skills; promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and objectives
- Demonstrated communication skills; ability to use a broad range of communication techniques to effectively communicate to varying audiences in a variety of situations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects and meet deadlines
- High level of integrity; earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Programs, Outlook and ability to quickly adapt to new technology and easily acquire new technical skills
- Ability to work staggered hours, evenings and weekends as necessary
To view the full job description click here.
At Hockey Canada we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. Qualified Candidates are invited to submit their resume including salary expectations to [email protected].
*Bilingual Candidates (French and English) who possess the Essential Skills will be given priority in the selection process.
**A Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Person’s Check is required of all Hockey Canada Employees and Volunteers.