Reporting directly to the Director, Hockey Operations, NextGen Development, the Hockey Operations NextGen Development Manager will be responsible for managing and implementing strategies to support the on-going growth achievements of Hockey Canada’s member organizations.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- In consultation with the Director, Hockey Operations, NextGen Development, manage work plans and budgets for Hockey Canada NextGen Development portfolio (Gold Medal Pathway, Pond to Podium, Development Hubs), Hockey Canada Technical Resources and Materials, NCCP Continuing Education and link to Hockey Canada High Performance Teams.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Hockey Canada – Gold Medal Pathway
Manage day to day operations, implementation and execution of Philosophies of Gold Medal Pathway.
- Hockey Canada - Pond to Podium
Manage execution, promotion and evaluation of Pond to Podium initiatives surrounding Male, Female and Para National Team camps and events.
- Hockey Canada - Development Hubs
Manage the day to day operation, execution, and evaluation of Development Hubs in conjunction with Members and skill program partners
- Hockey Canada - Resource Development
Manage development of curriculum and resources for all Hockey Canada technical materials including Hockey Canada Digital assets, Hockey Canada Network App and NCCP related resources.
- National Coach Certification Program – Instructional Stream
Manage all NCCP Instructional Stream activities including Skills Coach and Goaltending Coach Certification processes and Member-related NCCP components
- Hockey Canada Skills Coach Licensing Program
Assist in administration of Certified Skills and Goaltending coaches to license their programs in conjunction with Gold Medal Pathway, Development Hubs and Members.
- Link between Next Gen Development and High Performance
Administrate project to project collaboration between Next Gen Development and National Team program staff
- Post-secondary education in sport management, kinesiology, education or relevant field is an asset
- Strong technical knowledge of Hockey. Hockey / Skills coaching an asset.
- Strong knowledge of various software applications including analytic and video editing software
- Excellent working knowledge of the Hockey Canada/Membership structure
- Strong collaboration/communication skills and the ability to articulate Hockey Canada’s vision to all Members, Member Partners and other partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills; promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and objectives
- Demonstrated communication skills; ability to use a broad range of communication techniques to effectively communicate to varying audiences in a variety of situations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects and meet deadlines
- High level of integrity; earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
To view the full job description click here.
At Hockey Canada we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. Qualified Candidates are invited to submit their resume including salary expectations to [email protected].
*Bilingual Candidates (French and English) who possess the Essential Skills will be given priority in the selection process*
**A Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Person’s Check is required of all Hockey Canada Employees and Volunteers**