Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Creative Services, the Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating marketing assets across multiple channels, for a variety of stakeholders that encompass our overall brand. The Designer will understand the use of visual imagery to communicate ideas and can translate concepts into creative assets to capture consumer interest. This role requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment both individually and as part of a team.
- Create visual communications solutions to convey messages and achieve business results in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner
- Create and design a variety of print and digital projects through brochures, logos, signage, manuals, magazine covers, annual reports, advertisements and other communication materials to support the work of various departments, such as, but not limited to; International and National Championships, Grassroots/Community Hockey, Sponsors/Business Development Programs, Hockey Canada Foundation etc.
- Meet with departments to gain an understanding of their design needs. Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications. Graphic projects include, but not limited to; event marketing & pageantry, brand initiative materials, logo creation, posters, ticketing collateral, media graphics, coaching/operational manuals etc
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with excellent communication skills, high energy and attention to detail
- Produce drafts for review by end-user and make revisions based on the feedback received
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing, on-brand, free of errors and reflect end user specifications
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Degree or Diploma in Art & Design, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Visual Communications or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as a graphic designer, preferably in a sports environment
- Excellent knowledge Adobe Creative Suite, specifically of page layout and design programs which include Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of typography, colour theory, illustration and best practice design for social media platforms
- A creative flair and strong ability to translate requirements into design including the ability to confer advice and suggestions from end-users and understand what they want
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Ability to provide a strong design portfolio
- An understanding and familiarity with digital design production, and experience working with photography & videography considered an asset
- Solid knowledge of the print production process, planning and timeline management
- Respect and appreciate the level of public ownership and passion for the Hockey Canada brand, and represent this as an ambassador for the brand both personally and professionally
- Excellent interpersonal skills; promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and objectives
- Takes pride in work and project ownership, dedicated to producing world class designs
- Demonstrated communication skills; ability to use a broad range of communication techniques to effectively communicate to varying audiences in a variety of situations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects and meet deadlines
- High level of integrity; earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
- Takes constructive criticism well and can adapt to changing needs, conditions and work responsibilities
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Programs, Outlook and ability to quickly adapt to new technology and easily acquire new technical skills
View the full Manager, Graphic Designer job description.
At Hockey Canada we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. Qualified Candidates are invited to submit their resume including salary expectations to [email protected].
*Bilingual Candidates (French and English) who possess the Essential Skills will be given priority in the selection process*
**A Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Person’s Check is required of all Hockey Canada Employees and Volunteers**