Hockey Canada endeavours to make hockey enjoyable and safe for all players, coaches, officials, volunteers and parents through its code of contact.
- Strive to enhance the safety of all hockey participants at all times.
- Always err on the side of caution and never practice any behaviour that may ultimately harm a participant or worsen an injury.
- Never intentionally mislead or lie about your qualifications, education or professional affiliations.
- Strive to achieve the highest level of competence and continue to educate yourself to update and improve your skills.
- Strive to promote the values of Fair Play, integrity and friendship in hockey, and never condone, encourage, engage in or defend unsportsmanlike conduct, including the use of performance enhancing substances.
- Always put the player’s best interest first and ensure that all players are treated with respect and integrity; free from any form of physical and/or emotional maltreatment.
- Never practice, condone, defend or permit discrimination on the basis of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion or ethnic origin.
- Respect all participant information as confidential. Such information shall not be disclosed to any person without the consent of the participant and their parents or guardians, except where required by law or in the event of an emergency.