CALGARY – Hockey Canada announced on Friday that all eight games of the Canada/Russia Super Series will be shown live, with TSN, Hockey Canada’s official broadcaster, and Rogers Sportsnet each showing four games and RDS televising all eight games in French.
Peter Loubardias will provide play-by-play alongside Pierre McGuire, with Ryan Rishaug working as the rinkside reporter. RDS’ play-by-play team will comprise Stéphane Leroux and Norman Flynn, with Michel Lacroix and Gaston Therrien in the studio.
The three broadcasters will work together to bring all of the action from Russia and Canada into the homes of hockey fans nation-wide. The Super Series, a one-time event between the top under-20-aged hockey players in Canada and Russia, runs from August 27-September 9, with four games being held in Russia followed by four games in Canada. The series is a partnership between Hockey Canada and the Canadian Hockey League (CHL).
The Canada/Russia Super Series will serve to evaluate and develop Canada’s National Junior Team for the 2008 IIHF World Junior Championship in the Czech Republic.
CANADA/RUSSIA SUPER SERIES SCHEDULE
• Game 1 – August 27, Ufa, Russia (7 p.m. local, 9 a.m. ET, TSN/RDS)
• Game 2 – August 29, Ufa, Russia (7 p.m. local, 9 a.m. ET, Rogers Sportsnet)
• Game 3 – August 31, Omsk, Russia (7 p.m. local, 8 a.m. ET, Rogers Sportsnet)
• Game 4 – September 1, Omsk, Russia (5 p.m. local, 6 a.m. ET, TSN/RDS)
• Game 5 – September 4, Winnipeg, MB (8 p.m. ET, TSN/RDS)
• Game 6 – September 5, Saskatoon, SK (8 p.m. ET, TSN/RDS)
• Game 7 – September 7, Red Deer, AB (10 p.m. ET, Rogers Sportsnet)
• Game 8 – September 9, Vancouver, BC (8 p.m. ET, Rogers Sportsnet)
Tickets for the games in Canada were offered first to season-ticket holders of WHL and AHL teams in those cities. However, single-game tickets will soon be available for the general public.