Hockey Alberta will be conducting a Level One & Level Two development training session for specialty skills instructors on Sunday, in conjunction with Hockey Alberta’s Annual General Meeting. Please find criteria and more detailed information regarding this initiative below.
Hockey Alberta Skills Instructor Training Workshop
This workshop is designed for identified skills instructors at the local minor hockey association level. The session is designed to provide important tools and to share best practices of successful mentorship and skills program. We will provide training and development from some of Hockey Alberta and Hockey Canada’s top instructors who will share their expertise and support the growth of all delegates during the training session.
Agenda items will include:
• best practices in coach and athlete development
• identifying coach development needs in your community
• review of long-term player development
• on-ice and off-ice athlete training
• role of the skills instructor
Skills Instructor Training Outcomes
• introduce association skills instructors to best practices in coach mentorship
• provide tools to skills instructors to facilitate their own training session for coaches and athletes
• provide skills instructors with a good understanding on how to be a successful leader
10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: Red Deer Arena
Red Deer, Alta.
Skills instructors need to have been identified and approved by the local association and who will be coordinating and or delivering coach/athlete skills initiatives in the association. These instructors should be certified to at least Development 1, in good standing with the association and who has a keen interest in helping others as well as experience coaching at a variety of levels.
COSTS AND EXPENSES
Hockey Alberta will provide Sunday lunch and resources for this event. Minor hockey associations are responsible to provide for accommodations, additional meals and travel.
What Do You Need To Do To Participate?
1. identify one or two skills instructors for your association
3. register with Barb Marsh at Hockey Alberta prior to
MINOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATIONS ARE ASKED TO RETURN ALL COMPLETED DELEGATE FORMS TO:
Barb Marsh (firstname.lastname@example.org or fax @ 403-346-4277)
Questions? Contact Barb Marsh at 403-342-6777 ext. 120 or email@example.com.
|For more information:|
Francis Dupont Manager, Media Relations/Communications Hockey Canada 403-777-4564 firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan Bell Coordinator, Media Relations Hockey Canada 403-284-6427 email@example.com
|Esther Madziya Coordinator, Media Relations Hockey Canada 403-284-6484 firstname.lastname@example.org|