The Hockey Canada Skills Development Camps are designed for the recreational player and have the following objectives:
• to develop and enhance the fundamental skills of skating, passing, stick handling and shooting
• to create an opportunity for players to meet other players and develop friendships
• to promote the fun of the game
• to teach the concepts of fair play, fitness, safety, team work and the importance of a positive attitude
• to provide a memorable experience for all who attend
To ensure the camps are as educational and enjoyable as possible, registration is limited to 72 players per camp. The cost to attend a one-day camp is $60.00.
Qualified instructors from Hockey Canada and regional branches will be present at each camp to assist with the fundamental skill development of each player, and to share coaching tips with minor hockey association coaches.