What is the Century Tour?
To help celebrate the 100th anniversary of Hockey Canada, and celebrate Canada’s game in general, the Hockey Canada #CenturyTour is visiting communities from coast to coast to coast, bringing with it a fully-interactive hockey experience.
Fans are invited to share their photos on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram by including the hashtag #CenturyTour; submitted photos could be featured at HockeyCanada.ca!
The #CenturyTour caravan includes:
- a Timeline Feature Wall, showcasing a history of Hockey Canada, decade by decade;
- an Interactive Video Wall, with clips of defining moments in Hockey Canada history;
- TELUS Shoot to Score, a green screen that superimposes fans into an iconic Hockey Canada moment;
- Have Your Say, a speaker’s corner booth that provides fans with the opportunity to give their opinion on Canada’s game;
- a Replica Locker, giving fans an inside look at Team Canada’s locker room in Sochi;
- a Bubble Hockey table, where fans can team up in a classic CAN vs. USA showdown
- a Video Game Station, allowing fans to faceoff with their friends on the ultimate in technology, a Samsung Curved UHD TV.
- Tablet Stations with Samsung tablets, allowing fans to learn why and where to play the game, and apps to create their own Hockey Canada jersey or player card;
- and Touch Tabletops, featuring hockey-inspired games.
On-site at the Century Tour, fans will find:
- TELUS Family Fan Zone – complete with a one-on-one inflatable ball hockey rink and mini-stick decorating station, where young players can personalize their very own mini-stick to take home! Don’t forget to snap a memorable moment at the TELUS Snapshot, putting your faces to some Team Canada players.
- Hockey Canada Fan Cave – giving hockey fans the opportunity to wear Team Canada gear and represent their team in front of the #CenturyTour photo wall.
- Samsung Shootout – channel a favourite Canadian player and take a shot! Get a puck inside the Samsung Dryer to win Hockey Canada prizes.
- Hockey Canada Ice Rink – a synthetic ice surface for experienced players and newcomers to the game to lace up a pair of skates and take to the ice. The rink is also home to Hockey Canada skills sessions, Canadian Tire Fit to Play and Future Playmakers, Samsung Coaching Clinics and free skates brought to you by the Respect Group.
- Hockey Canada Big Screen – a 16x9 outdoor screen displayed on the side of a Hockey Canada Century Tour trailer, featuring #CanadasGame over the years.
What will the Hockey Canada Century Tour look like? There are FOUR set-ups, depending on the amount of time the tour is spending in each community:
- A Set-up: Century Tour Caravan, Hockey Canada Big Screen, Hockey Canada Fan Cave, TELUS Family Fan Zone, Samsung Shootout, inflatable ball hockey rink and synthetic ice surface
- B Set-up: Century Tour Caravan, Hockey Canada Big Screen, Hockey Canada Fan Cave, TELUS Family Fan Zone, Samsung Shootout and inflatable ball hockey rink
- C Set-up: Century Tour Caravan, Hockey Canada Big Screen, Samsung Shootout
- D Set-up: Century Tour Caravan